The Hunger Games trilogy questions.
1:What is your favorite book of the trilogy and why?
- The Hunger Games because it's where all the excitement starts. I love diving into a new "world". Catching Fire is an unbelievably close second. It was so smart!
2:Who is your favorite character of all three books?
- Peeta Mellark or Haymith Abernathy.......or quite possibly Finnick Odair. Boy, did I love Finnick.
3:Who is your least favorite character of all three books?
- Tough question... I guess Cato. He just made me so angry in THG. Or President Snow!! But I think that's a given.
4:What was your favorite moment in 'The Hunger Games'?
- The moment at the end of the games when Katniss and Peeta "overthrow" the gamemakers. It was so intense and so exciting. I had no idea what to expect.
5:What was your least favorite moment in 'The Hunger Games'?
- I can't really pick a moment that I liked the least...but I was quite disturbed when the gamemakers sent the beasts into the arena and they were described as being part of each of the dead tributes. Cato's death scene also had me squirming.
6:What was your favorite moment in 'Catching Fire'?
- Hands down the best moment was when we Katniss figures out how the arena works...like clockwork ;)
7:What was your least favorite moment in 'Catching Fire'?
- I really can't decide
8:What was your favorite moment in 'Mockingjay'?
- There wasn't really a "favourite" part for me in Mockingjay
9:What was your least favorite moment in 'Mockingjay'?
- OBVIOUSLY the whole Peeta situation.
10:Favorite quote from all three books? (Or one of the three books)
- Oh man. I don't have the books with me right now...but the first thing that comes to mind is "Here's some advice. Stay alive." Oh, Haymitch and all his wit...I love him.
11:What didn't you like in The Hunger Games?
- There isn't anything I didn't "like"
12:What didn't you like in Catching Fire?
- Honestly, my answer is the same as it was for 11.
13:What didn't you like in Mockingjay?
- There was quite a bit about Mockingjay I didn't like. For instance - I thought the ending could have been a little more reflective of the intensity and pace of the rest of the series. Also, PEETA. It made me so sad.
14:If you could change anything in (insert book title here), what would it be?
- Nothing. It wouldn't be the series I fell in love with if I changed it.
15:Peeta Mellark or Gale Hawthorne? Why?
- Peeta. I never really "liked" Gale. I'm not saying I dislike him...he just never affected me. Peeta is just great. They are actually quite similar when you think about it... but I just like Peeta better. End.
16:Who do you think deserved to die instead of those who did die?
- I don't think there is anyone alive at the end who "shouldn't" be.
17:Who do you think didn't deserve to die?
- Here is my attempt at trying not to spoil things for people who have yet to read the books:"P" & "F"...among a few others.
18:This or that?
- this ?
19:Do you ship Madge Undersee and Gale Hawthorne?
20:Are there things in the books you'd want to have been different?
- a very few things...but like I said above - it wouldn't be the same!
21:What would you consider the theme song of 'The Hunger Games'?
- I really like "Safe & Sound" by Taylor Swift
22:What would you consider the theme song of 'Catching Fire'?
- All I can think of when I think of a CF theme song is "Tick Tock goes the clock even for the Doctor".....fangirl problems.
23:What would you consider the theme song of 'Mockingjay'?
- I can't think of a specific song...but I do get super dramatic, intense overture type music in my head when I think of it
24:Why would you recommend the hunger games trilogy to people who haven't read it yet?
- It's totally different from everything else I've ever read (and for those of you who know me...I read a lot) but it still fits in with the type/genre of books I love. The series appeals to so many different audiences. I was almost against reading them at first....but now I'm so in love with them and I actually do recommend them to everyone! Plus, how good was that movie?
25:First opinion of the books without reading them?
- Stupid. Why would someone write a book about CHILDREN killing each other at the beckon of adults? I will never, ever read those books.
26:Worst death in the trilogy?
- Worst? Cato. Saddest? Well...that a different story. Depends on who you liked...for me the saddest were definitely "F" and "P" (again, trying not to spoil!)
27:Did the movie do the first book justice? Why? Why not?
- YES. SO MUCH JUSTICE WAS HAD. At first a lot of the actors cast were not who I pictured, but they are now. I still think people need to read the books to understand a lot of what is going on...but for only having 2.5 hours to tell the story - I think it was so amazing and perfect in every aspect. There isn't much I can complain about.
28:Are you hoping Mockingjay will come in two parts or one? Why?
- I don't really care. I'm really curious to see how Mockingjay can be pulled off. I would have preferred The Hunger Games or Catching Fire to be two parts. I guess I'll take what I can get.
29:Are you expecting Catching Fire to be like the book or slightly altered?
- I certainly hope it's like the book (only for continuity purposes) but I expect a lot to be left out/ altered. The book was confusing at parts so hopefully they will clear it up.
30:Who do you expect to be cast as Finnick Odair?
OH MY WORD. The first person who came to mind when I was reading the book was Hunter Parrish. I still hope to everything that is Holy that he is cast. He would be so perfect.
31:What is your favorite book of the trilogy?
- this was asked already - The Hunger Games
32:In what District would you want to live? Why?
- The Capitol.................safe from the games.
34:Are you happy with the cast of The Hunger Games? Who would you want to see changed?
- I wasn't at first....but they've all grown on me. I think I will be a lot pickier when it comes to Catching Fire and who they cast for Finnick and Johanna.
35:Is there anyone you want to specifically see in the next movies? If so, as who?
- HUNTER PARRISH as Finnick Odair
36:Favorite quote from 'The Hunger Games'?
37:Favorite quote from 'Catching Fire'?
38:Favorite quote from 'Mockingjay'?
- I don't have the books on me and I am NOT going to search for them.
39:Would you ever live in The Capitol if the opportunity was given? Why? Why not?
- Before the rebellion - yes. Safe from the games and all the other nonsense that comes with living in the districts. After the rebellion - who knows.
40:Do you think they should have killed off Seneca Crane? Why? Why not?
- His character didn't affect me in the books. We don't really read much about him. The parts that did include him...made him seem like a giant asshole. I had a lot more sympathy for him in the movie. I think that his death had to happen. It was the Capitol's (President Snow's) retaliation...the start of what is to come in the next 2 books. I would just like to add that whoever wrote his death scene for the film is BRILLIANT. I had no idea how that was going to happen. Kudos.